VRiday (NeXR's Virtual Reality subdivision) is going beyond borders in the world of VR. Our team consists of more than 60 members from various different industries and nationalities.
We are VR freaks, game maniacs, marketing experts, coding professionals, design creatives, and tech visionaries. This gives us the potential to read actual trends, invent new technologies and drive VR to the next level.
We are looking for a talented, curious, motivated, creative and experienced (Senior) Unreal Engine 4 Gameplay Programmer (x/f/m). You are team player, a doer, a cool colleague to explore the possibilities of VR. As (Senior) Gameplay Programmer you would be driving the technical side of game development in collaboration with the Art and Game Design department. You will explore unknown grounds and spread knowledge within the team.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement game features in C++ using the Unreal Engine 4
- Successful delivery of high-quality gameplay systems
- Help define the technical direction and development for difficult gameplay problems
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code and extend existing one
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products
What a Senior Gameplay Programmer additionally does:
- Help educate and support other programmers of your team, e.g. by conducting knowledge sharing sessions or workshops
Why you are the right one
- At least three years of professional software programming experience
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills
- Strong UE4 knowledge, including blueprints, gameplay actors and assets in general
- Excellent practical understanding of gameplay concepts and ability to tune gameplay systems based on high level design input with minimal assistance
- Able to understand and utilize high-level networking concepts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
What we additionally expect from a Senior Gameplay Programmer:
- Understanding of the performance trade-offs and optimization
- Experience with other languages such as Python
- Experience with scripting for third party software’s like Maya, Motion builder, Houdini, etc.
- Prior experience with VR
NeXR stands for the development of next generation technologies and apps that bring together Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) and Virtual Reality (VR) to create the next Extended Reality (XR).
The NeXR Technologies SE is a virtual reality first mover with unique hardware and software expertise. The business units 3D Scanner Systems, Motion Capture & Animation and VR-Experiences deal with trend-setting services and products and combine within a unique value chain.
3D Instagraph develops and distributes its own scanner systems, which can be used to create photorealistic 3D avatars in seconds. OnPoint Studios offers all services around motion capture and animation in one of the largest MoCap studios in Germany and can animate the avatars directly and individually from the 3D scanner. The brand and VR agency VRiday offers the logical complement to the value chain. VRiday integrates the avatars into VR environments and, as an agency, offers consulting, implementation and publishing of VR experiences for companies.